Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Monday, March 17, 2014

Praying Dangerously March Week Three



Is God in control? 

Most of us would quickly say yes. The Bible is clear God created all things for His glory and He rules and reigns over all.

But do you rest in the reality that He alone is in control?

I look at my past, my life now, and the world around me and struggle to rest. To believe with my actions that God is in control. 

To pray as if the world depended on God...not me.

So much in life screams that God isn't in control. 

Injustice. Evil. Lies.

Children who die daily because they have no food or clean water. 

I struggle to reconcile the world that is with the truth I know. 

I know with all I am that God is in control. 

So why do I struggle to rest in that?

Why do I still panic when the check engine light comes on again and I'm still trying to figure out how to pay for the other $500 of needed van repairs?

Why do I still get nervous when I open bills? 

The easy answer is that I focus on circumstances not God's promises. 

The harder answer is much deeper. 

I want to be in control because then I know I will do all it takes to take care of my children.

Then reality hits. I can't do it all. 

I can't be mom, provider, teacher, and so many other things I need to be daily.

There is an end to my energy and resources and abilities. 

God has no limitations. 

So the only good answer is to rest in Him. 

To bring my requests before Him and know who He is.

To believe He cares about all my needs and my children's needs. 

To know He will answer in His perfect time and way. 

To remember... God has always been with my family and always provided for every need.

To remember... my emotions are not truth. God is. 

His Word says over and over- God can be trusted. We can rest in His control.

Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. (Colossians 1:15, 16 NLT)


How has God shown He is in charge of your life so that you rest in Him?

No comments:

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile