Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm giving thanks today in a writerly way while my kiddos are resting up for more fun this afternoon. This is a day where nostalgia meets the present. Last year I introduced my little ones to one of my family's traditions: watching the "Macy's Day Parade." My husband insists on calling it by its full name, "The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade."

Either one works for me. ;-)

I wax nostalgic thinking back on all the years I watched this parade with my Gram and family while the turkey cooked and the pies were cooling on the back porch.

But today I smile and get misty eyed watching my three year old dance to "Cooby Doo" (Scooby Doo for those without the 3 year old dictionary translation) and remember this is the same balloon I watched growing up.

Then after we've waved to all the balloons and danced with all the marching bands and singers, we head upstairs and my husband does the honors and places the big bird into the oven. Then we do my favorite Thanksgiving thing...

We dance to Christmas music on the radio.

We laugh and twirl and have a blast. And by the time my kids are tired, my husband and I are ready for a nap too.

Before that nap, I'll close with my top ten list for Thanksgiving…

Amy's Top Ten Reasons for Giving Thanks

1) I'm thankful I can call God Daddy.

2) I'm thankful I have a family who loves me and who I adore and enjoy.

3) I'm thankful I can walk. (Did I mention I'm in a cast again after yet another foot surgery? Trust me, walking is a big thing to be thankful for!)

4)I'm thankful for the gift of sight~ both to see the world God has made and for the spiritual gift of seeing deeper with discernment.

5) I'm thankful for heart healing.

6) I'm thankful that God says I'm beautiful.

He says you're beautiful too!

7) I'm thankful for little kids' prayers and that I get to hear them every day.

8) I'm thankful that my husband and I have careers where we use the gifts and talents God has given us for His glory.

9) I'm thankful for an inner circle of friends who love me anyway and always point me to Jesus.

10) I'm thankful for blogs. ;-) And I'm thankful for the ability to make online friends and enjoy the community offered here.

What about you? What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Rel said...

Authors who write entertaining and stimulating books :):):):):)

Amy Wallace said...

Rel,

You're awesome!

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile