Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Children's view of the National Day of Prayer

For all the ills of our nation, we are still a free country and have the privilege of joining with other believers all across our land to pray.

As my daughters and I prayed this morning I was struck by two things...

One was that God's Word from thousands of years ago still calls us to join together and pray: 2 Chronicles 7:14 "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."

This may be a oft quoted verse, but it's so very needed, and the turning to seek God is directed to us, His children. I know it did my heart good to remember this and to hear my children pray for our leaders and for us to seek Him.

The second thing that struck me was the declaration of my two oldest daughters that they were going to fast and pray for our nation at lunch. They did this with no nudging from parents or anyone else. It hit me that their hearts honored God so purely today. They may not fully comprehend fasting or know many big words to say to God. But they know the power of prayer. What a reminder they were to my soul that growing up doesn't mean growing calloused to the power of prayer even in the face of such powerful evil and suffering.

God is still on His throne. Let's meet there today and pray...

No comments:

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile