Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me

My friend Meg Moseley tagged me today to play "Six Weird Things About Me."

Read on if you dare and learn some off the wall stuff about Amy....

1) When I was pregnant with my first child I told my husband I'd sock the first person who tried to rub my protruding belly. That person ended up being my body builder brother-in-law. My husband grabbed my hand and kept the peace. No one but my hubby ever knew.

2) The ONLY writing book I have ever actually finished reading is Snoopy's Guide to the Writing Life.

3) One of my favorite gross metaphors is, "Her hair flowed like snot on a spring day."

4) I often look at the last chapter before reading a book.

5) Until I had a talk with my daughters about outward versus inward beauty, they would check their behinds in the mirror before leaving the house. Why? They wanted to be "just like Mommy." Ouch. And no, I don't still do that.... much anyway.

6) I've taught my girls a plethora of James Taylor songs that we sing often. Along with them we sing TV tunes: Green Acres, Gilligan's Island, and Beverly Hillbillies. We also belt out the lyrics to every song in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Even my three year old sings along!

Okay, now that I've totally embarrassed myself in cyberspace I'm tagging a few people to play along. Jen K, Heather, Sally, Laurie, Keer, Tricia

8 comments:

Rel said...

Ha - I am so with you on No. 1 - what is it about pregnancy that makes people think you are public property - ick!

Reading the last chapter - that is simply wrong! I have a friend who does the same thing, she can't handle the suspense so she can happily read a book once she knows the ending. With a book like Ted Dekker's Thr3e it would ruing everything!!!

Great to get to know more about you, Amy :)

Meg said...

I also agree completely with No. 1.

But I'll never skip ahead to the ending of a book unless I've decided it's not worth reading all the way through.

Amy L. Roland said...

4) I often look at the last chapter before reading a book.

NOW THAT IS SHAMEFUL!!!!
I would never do such a thing. :>)

Amy Wallace said...

Okay, okay, okay!!!! I apologize to all readers and authors everywhere! ;-)

For the record, I have only read the last chapter if I was bored with the book or scared out of my wits and couldn't sleep unless I knew it'd all work out.

If it's a friend's book I won't read the last chapter, but if I'm buying a book at the bookstore I may still turn to the last page to see if I'll like it.

I should have known I'd get flack about #4. LOL My husband thinks you guys are awesome. Needless to say he gives me grief about my reading habits too.

And Amy, me thinks you have some 'fessing up to do here chicka! ;-)

Love you guys!
Amy

Sally Datria said...

Amy! I'm totally with you on this one!! I read the last chapter first too!!!

Amy Wallace said...

Woo-hoo, Sally! Thanks for sticking with me here. Last chapter readers unite! LOL

Amy

Laurie said...

Add me.... I couldn't include that I also read the last chapter of a book sometimes on my list of weird things because you had already done it and I didn't want to be a copy cat! :-)

Laurie

Amy Wallace said...

Woo-hoo, Laurie! I'm so glad to know there are other last chapter readers. I don't feel quite so badly now. ;-)

I loved your Six Weird Things About Me blog! Thanks for joining the fun.

Amy

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile