Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Nots

It's fun and heart-warming to read all the Thanksgiving thankful posts! I've done a few in years past too. But this year I started thinking about what I'm thankful I don't have.

So here’s my different sort of Thanksgiving list.

Things I'm thankful I don't have:

I'm thankful I don't have a cardboard box for a home, and I hope we'll all remember to pray for and help those who do.

I'm thankful I don't have sick or hospitalized family members, and I'm praying for friends and church family who do.

I'm thankful I don't have to sneak around to worship God, and am incredibly thankful for the freedoms we have in America. Let's all pray we continue to enjoy those and not forget our brothers and sisters in Christ who can't do that.

I'm thankful I don't have to spend the holidays alone. Please pray and reach out to someone who can't say that.

I'm thankful I don't have to leave grievances undealt with. Holidays are a time traditionally filled with the longing for Norman Rockwell family gatherings. Many of us have never had that. And no matter how close we might come, forgiveness is still a daily need. I know it is in the Wallace home. I hope this holiday season, as far as it depends on you, that you can offer and receive forgiveness from the heart.

I'm also thankful I don't have to worry about tomorrow, no matter what it holds.

What about you all? Anything you're thankful to not have?

From all the Wallaces... wishing you a Thanksgiving and Christmas season filled with moments to treasure and ponder in your heart.

No comments:

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile