Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Help, I've been tagged

My good friend Heather tagged me with this. Not sure I'm doing this right, but here goes...

1. Favorite memory of your mother?

One of my favorite memories related to my mom would be my ninth or tenth Christmas when my "big" gift was a huge stuffed teddy bear. Coming down to the dark living room with only seventies multi-color tree lights blinking, that big teddy bear sitting in a chair with my name on it and a bow on top was awesome! And knowing that my mom gave it to me just because she knew I loved teddy bears is a great memory.

I still have that bear. Only now it belongs to my oldest who is following in her mommy's footsteps and curling up to read in Ted D. Bear's big lap. (creative bear names weren't my thing as a kid... LOL)

2. Favorite memory of your father?

My step-dad is the only dad I've ever known and I love him dearly. My favorite memory with my dad is when he'd go to church with me and everyone would say how much we looked alike. We'd just smile and say, "Thanks." Knowing my dad chose me and remembering how his eyes would twinkle because someone said I looked like him is a great memory.

3. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do (though you'd never learned it)?

I'd like to wake up tomorrow with the abilities of an astronaut and a shuttle mission to go on. My family and I watched this incredible DVD titled INDESCRIBABLE by Louie Giglio. Within this amazing DVD are images from the Hubble Space Telescope. Please check out this link for a real treat... “X” structure at the core of the Whirlpool Galaxy. The heavens truly declare the glory of God.

4. Which one of your dreams has come true?

For the last four years it's been my dream to see my first novel published. I'm living that dream right now with an April 07 release date for Ransomed Dreams.

It's an awesome privilege to live a dream, one God created you for. But that's only part of it. Living out a dream is one way to bring glory to God. Just like the stars declare God's glory by just being, so do we. Walking with God and glorifying Him by enjoying Him. That's a dream every one of us can experience.

I'm tagging: Jen and Staci.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You did it exactly right.

Thanks for sharing your heart, as always.

Love,
Heather

Amy Wallace said...

Thanks, Heather! I'm glad to know I did it right. ;-) I appreciate the nudge to write a little on my blog.

Love,
Amy

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile