Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Princesses and their Daddy

More often than not, my three girls spend a portion of their day in our playroom dressing the part of fairytale princesses. They transform into pint-sized royals with jewels and dresses and an affected British accent. It's adorable. They prance in front of the mirror and when anyone comes near they ask, "Aren't I beautiful?" My answer is a smiling “yes” and my reward a graceful curtsey.

But when it's their daddy bestowing the compliment, the light in their eyes glows ever brighter and his reward is a dance with exuberant giggles and hugs galore. They delight in their daddy's love.

How about you?

If your heart has ever longed to hear that you are beautiful, if you've ever dreamed of being treated like a princess, learn from my little ones, like I do, and just ask. Ask your Heavenly Daddy.

Can you guess His answer?

It's a resounding YES! You are beautiful. You are loved.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love" He says in Jeremiah 31. God says through Isaiah 43 "...you are precious to me. You are honored and I love you." And through Zephaniah 3:17 your Heavenly Father says "I take great delight in you... I rejoice over you with singing."

So come join the dance.

Your God is waiting with open arms.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Amy, I absolutely love the Zephaniah passage. It's overwhelming to think God loves me enough that He sings and dances over me. Wow!!! Great post.

Amy Wallace said...

Thank you, Paula. You are such an encouragement to me!

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile