Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Twenty years too late for prom

Seeing as I've already passed my twentieth high school reunion, I've had little use for a prom dress.

Until the first part of November, that is.

My family and I were recently asked to be in a wedding and we said yes. That involved a trip back home to Louisville and getting my children and myself all dressed up. Hubby even donned a tux. He looked amazing too!

We practiced and talked a lot about proper wedding manners.

And we survived. No one fell. (I tripped a couple of times.)

No one burped the ABC's at the formal dinner either.

Success! ;-)

But our kids were ready for bed after a long spin on the dance floor. David and I were not.

So we took a nice horse drawn carriage ride and then headed back to the hotel in downtown Louisville.

The girls were given a cell phone and strict orders not to burn the hotel down while David and I did something we've never done before...

We left our oldest (of baby-sitting age) in charge and went out for a very late dinner.

Dressed in prom attire.

I've never been looked at so weirdly in my life.

I mean, really... what's so strange about a guy in a tux and a lady in a huge, billowing purple dress???

Maybe if we were in our teens and it was prom weekend, all would have been well.

But prom was a long time ago and so were our teen years.

Even so, David and I had a great time, a great dinner, and got some extra mileage out of our wedding attire.

So what do you think? Would you have given us weird looks???

4 comments:

Melissa Juvinall said...

beautiful!!!

Sheila Deeth said...

I'd've looked and thought how nice. Sounds a wonderful trip.

Edna said...

both of you look really good and seems as thought you had a great time.


mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Amy Wallace said...

Thanks you guys! I so appreciate your kind words.

Now when I think of my purple dress, I'll hear your sweet encouragement.

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile