Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Praying Dangerously January 2014 Week 2

I won't ask for a show of hands for how many people this week prayed our first dangerous prayer- I surrender. Continue Your good work in me. Change me. 

I do want to ask a follow up question related to last week. 

What is your big question to God?

Last week, I listed a lot of questions I've asked or am asking God...

Why? Are You really? Do You care? Do You really? Am I really? Will You really?

This week, I'm asking you... What's your big question to God? And how will His answer change you?

At the core, the big question for me is either Why? or Do I matter? 

I'd love to say my big question to God is what- what do You want me to do, Lord? 

That feels like a more mature, more grounded question. And in some ways it is. It's a great question. 

But I think most of us have to settle some other questions first. 

And those questions are important to God. 

God's Word tells us to come to Him. He can handle our doubts and questions. 

He already knows the deep questions of our hearts. 

So I ask God questions. A lot of questions. Often.

It's no surprise to me that I have three very inquisitive children. I love that...most of the time.

I'm thankful God invites me to come and ask, knock, seek...all of the time. 

Sometimes, however, God asks me to be still. To live with no answers. No game plan. No understanding of my situation and no answer to my why questions. 

I wonder if sometimes the lack of answers changes me more than the answers. 

The silence challenges me to be still and remember what I know.

God is good.
God loves me. Unconditionally. Forever.
God will provide. 
God is for me.
God promises my life has a purpose and He has a plan. 

I also wonder if what changes me most is asking the questions and continuing to ask of God until I find a place of peace in His arms. Answers or not.

So I come. 

Will you? 


Matthew 11:28-29, "Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'"

2 comments:

Judy said...

That's the key - whether we get answers from god or not. Or worse: when the answer we DO get isn't what we want to hear!

Amy Wallace said...

So true! Pray and keep on praying... and rest in Him. Easy to say, hard to do. That's why we need each other to remind us of the truth. I'm so very thankful for you, Judy!

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile