Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Praise God for wow moments and loved ones

Many moons ago, I shared the story of when I received "THE CALL" and a was offered a three-book contract by my dream publisher.

If you'll remember, my reaction was not dancing or celebrating.

I got sick.

Really.

But I distinctly remember the reason wasn't so much fear as the overwhelming responsibility to give readers a story that touched their hearts and drew them closer to God.

When I contemplated that...then the fear kicked in.

It didn't last long. Not when I started sharing with friends and they did the dancing and celebrating.

I couldn't help but join in.

What a difference it makes to share the joys with my family and friends who have also shared the teary bumps in the road.

Unlike that "CALL" years ago, today I received another very cool call. This time from a number I vaguely recognized but let go to voice mail because I was working.

My hubby was upstairs, and all the sudden I hear him pick up the phone.

Silence for a few beats.

By now my ears pricked up.

And sure enough his voice rose an octave and he came thundering down the stairs, phone in hand, smile on his face.

"I think you want to take this call."

Okay.

So I took the phone and the delightful Nancy Farrier explained that my second novel, Healing Promises, won first place in the romantic suspense category of the IRCC!

Wow!

This time I wasn't queasy at all. In fact, I nodded and babbled and blinked a few times before it sunk in that I'd won.

Then I danced.

A little while later, at dinner, my hubby called everyone to attention. He then proceeded to announced that a very special, award-winning author was their special guest tonight.

Our children didn't exactly get it, so he continued and explained that I'd won first place in a very amazing contest.

That's when the high fives, way-to-gos and lots of hugs and smiles started.

I didn't have time to get teary since we were all laughing too hard at David's silly introduction in a very exaggerated British butler voice.

A while later I logged on to Facebook where a flurry of congrats hit me and made me smile.

All the kind words in addition to the congrats made me cry.

Really.

That's when it sunk in that today was a day to celebrate.

And I'm still beaming.

So my very special, tear-dropped thanks to you all for praying through the tough times and dancing with me in the good.

Today's a day I celebrate you! Thank you for making this day even more amazing!

And thank you, Daddy, for such a sweet kiss. Not only is Your timing always perfect, but Your gifts are always good.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats girl!!!! You deserve it.

Unknown said...

oh, that was beautiful. I am so happy for you--your heart is so obviously in the right place, that it just makes me glad how God rewards his faithful. Keep up the great work!

Mary O. said...

Wow! Congrats! Glad I ran across your blog. God is good!

Edna said...

It is always nice for someone to brag on you to make you feel better, I know I don't get mush of it and sometimes I think I am worthless, well a lot of time. I am taleted but it seems my family take me for granted. Granny can do it, come over and I want see them again untill they need something else done. Anyway I love all of them

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Amy Wallace said...

Thanks, you all! You've made the celebration even sweeter.

Amy Wallace said...

Edna~ You are so full of worth! God certainly thinks so, and so do I. You brighten my day with your posts.

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile