Biography Books Press Room Amy Wallace Books Life Resources Blog Events

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Going where I've never gone before

On April 23rd, I'll be doing something I've never done before... speaking to an amazing group of folks at South Effingham High School.

The Stomping Stangs Book Club has invited me to come speak to them and I'm sooooooo excited! I love talking with teens and sharing my love of writing.

I've been emailing with Jacquelyn and Mrs. Olivier (hi you two!) and they've been incredible! They've done an awesome display and even contacted the local paper about doing a story on my visit.


Plus they're doing a research project on me... I'm not sure if I should feel old like Lincoln or something. ;-) I don't really. Just honored by their enthusiasm.

For part of what I want to share, I'm taking my outlines for Healing Promises and one (of four) huge research folders as a visual and a look at what goes into publishing a book from concept to completion.

I'd really appreciate your prayers for a great visit and that those attending would be inspired and encouraged.

I've already been cheered by their invite and challenged as I looked back over a fraction of the work that went into Healing Promises.

It's good to look back and see what God has done. And then to look ahead and be excited about what's next.

So here's a special thanks to the Stomping Stangs Book Club! You all are awesome, and I'm looking forward to spending some time with you in just a few weeks!


Stomping Stangs Book Club members: Jacquelyn and Victoria, Mrs. Olivier, Mr. Pearce and Mrs. Edmonds, English teacher co-sponsors.

No comments:

 
Designed by: MasterDesignsArt by: JaggedSmile